Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiness

Several Sundays ago I watched a dear couple I've known for many years walk into church. Their lives and marriage exude holiness and love. I honestly have no idea what areas of the church they serve or what many acts of kindness they have done over the years. While watching them and pondering their legacy God continued to press into me something He's been teaching me lately.
"Holiness is a way of being, not a way of doing"
While holiness does result in doing - my doing does not result in holiness. The holiness of Jesus drew sinner's to their knees. He was perfect and pure and yet the lowliest came to Him in desperation. I want my life to exude this kind of holiness. I want sinner's to be drawn to Jesus in me. This is a great post about the holiness of Jesus http://www.catalystspace.com/content/read/NOV10_article--what_kind_of_holiness_is_this--hirsch/

No comments:

Post a Comment