Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Love

I'm so glad God is so patient with me. He is gently reminding me again that it is all about L-O-V-E! I know I should have learned this by now, at least I feel that way. However, He showed me that I was not loving well the "unlovables" in my life. This is where it becomes the hardest for me and I put my expectations of they way I think people should act or say in front of loving them with the same gracious love that was bestowed upon me.

I Corinthians 13:1-3
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angles, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbol. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

My prayer today is that I would love well all those in my life. Those who are "easy" for me to love and those who are "hard" for me to love. I don't want to become a clanging cymbol in the ears of my Father, I want to honor and glorfiy Him in all and do and say and if I do anything without love it is for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment