Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Brightness of His Glory

I have been reading through the New Testament with some friends and right now we are reading in Hebrews. Hebrews is one of my favorite books of the New Testament. Each time I read it, it comes alive to me in new ways. One verse in particular stood out to me and I have meditated on it for several days now.

Hebrews 1:3 "...who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high..."

Christ is the brightness of God's glory and the express image of His person. As believers, Christ lives in us through the Holy Spirit! When we live through the power of the Holy Spirit we become the brightness of God' glory!

What an honor this is to me, that when I chose to submit to the Holy Spirit in my life I can display the brightness of God's glory. Oh this is my prayer that I would display His glory to all I come in contact with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment